Granada Card - the Benefits of the Tourist Pass and Where to Buy
What is Granada Card?
Granada Card is a tourist pass that includes the entrance to the Alhambra and other main monuments and museums of Granada, 9 urban bus trips, and a trip on the tourist train.
Granada Card is also called Granada Tourist Pass (Bono Turistico in Spanish). By buying the tourist pass you can save up to 33% compared with purchasing the entrances to the main attracions separately.
The tourist sights included in Granada Card can only be visited once.
There are no discounts for seniors or students.
The Granada City Card does not allow changes or refunds, once purchased. Therefore, double-check the date and time before making your purchase.
There are 7 types of Granada Card. All 7 types include the entrance to Granada main monuments, some trips in urban buses and 1 tourist train trip.
The difference is the type of Alhambra entrance (daytime, nightime, only gardens, etc). One type of Granada Card (the City Card) does not include entrance to the Alhambra.
Here we explain the differences and other details of the Granada Tourist Pass.
What does the Granada Card include?
Entrance to the Main MonumentsWith Granada Card you can visit these monuments in Granada:
- Alhambra or Generalife (entry without Granada Card 14 euros).
- Monasterio de Cartuja (entry without Granada Card 5 euros).
- Catedral de Granada (entry without Granada Card 5 euros).
- Capilla Real (entry without Granada Card 4 euros).
- Monasterio de San Jeronimo (entry without Granada Card 4 euros).
- Parque de las Ciencias (entry without Granada Card 7 euros).
- Museo de Andalucia (entry without Granada Card 4 euros).
- Abadia del Sacromonte (entry without Granada Card 4 euros).
- Archaeological Museum (entry without Granada Card 1.50 euros)
It also includes the entrance to Cuarto Real and Casa de Zafra, although these monuments are free of charge without the Granada Card too.
A Trip on the Touristic Train
1 ticket for the Touristic Train valid for 24 hours. The service Hop-on Hop-Off IS NOT included.
Once you get off the train, you won't be allowed to get on again, unless you buy a new ticket.
Trips on Granada Buses9 trips on any Alhambra Bus or Granada Urban Bus.
Types of Granada CardAs we have already mentioned, there are 7 types of Granada Card.
- Granada Card
- Granada Card Nocturna Palacios
- Granada Card Jardines
- Granada Card Jardines Nocturna
- Granada Card Alhambra Experiencias
- Granada Card Monumentos Andalusíes
- Granada Card Ciudad
Granada Card, 40 eurosThis modality includes the general daytime entrance to the Alhambra, the Alcazaba and the Generalife gardens + 9 monuments + urban buses + tourist train. This modality has the highest demand.
Granada Card Night Palaces, 36.50 eurosNight Palaces Card includes night tour to the Alhambra Nasrid Palaces + 9 monuments + urban buses + tourist train.
For those who do not know, Nasrid Palaces are the royal apartments within the Alhambra.
Granada Card Gardens, 36.50 eurosThis modality includes the Generalife Gardens + 9 monuments + urban buses + tourist train. You can not see the Nasrid Palaces.
Granada Card Night Gardens, 34.50 eurosThis modality includes night visit to the Gardens of the Generalife + 9 monuments + urban buses + tourist train. You can not see the Nasrid Palaces.
Granada Card Alhambra Experience, 42 eurosThis modality includes the general nighttime entrance to the Alhambra, daytime visit to the Alcazaba and the Generalife gardens + 9 monuments + urban buses + tourist train.
Granada Card Andalusian Monuments, 43 eurosIt is the only modality, apart from the first (Granada Card), which includes daytime entrance to the Alhambra, the Alcazaba and Generalife + Andalusian monuments + 9 monuments + urban buses + tourist train.
Granada City Card, 35.50 eurosThis modality does NOT include entrance to the Alhambra. It includes the Granadas's main monuments + urban buses + tourist train.
Granada Card for Kids
What Does Granada Card for Kids Include?Includes the same entrances and services as the adult Granada City Card.
How Much It Costs10.50 euros - the price is the same for all 7 types of Granada Card.
AgeFor children from 3 to 11 years old. The Granada Card for kids is always associated with an adult card.
An adult can buy up to 3 passes for children. It is not possile to buy Granada Card for a child without buying Granada Card for an adult.
For the entrance to the Alhambra you need to get a free pass at the Ticket Hall in the Alhambra.
Is it Worth Buying the Granada Card?
Total without Granada Card: 60.15 euros. With Granada Card 40 euros.
It is worth it when you visit more than 67% of the atractions included in the pass and
and use public transport.
During high season on many days there are no tickets available for entrance to the Alhambra. However, with Granada Card you could be able to gain entry to the Alhambra.
Where to Buy & Collect the Granada Card?You can buy the Granada Card only in advance at: www.clorian.com/site/GranadaTur/.
Once you buy the card you will be shown "print at home" page. This paper has to be presented at the entrance to the monuments.
The Granada City Card can be purchased from 1 day to 3 months in advance, and you can get up to 8 passes with 1 credit card.
It is enough to show "Print at Home" paper at the entrance to the monuments or show the 'ticket' on your mobile.
But if you want to use the urban buses you have to collect the credibus (travel card) at the vending machines that are located in 6 bus stops (route 4 of the urban buses) in the city center.
See the location of the machines on the map:
If you have some problems getting the travel card from the vending machines you can call 858 880 990.
But if you plan to use the tourist train, you need to collect the tickets at Carrera del Darro 3A (Granada City Tour office). Phone: 958 224 527.
There may be some specific offers or changes, find out more in granadatur.com.
Some Things to Keep in Mind
- The Granada Card is valid for 5 days, therefore it is worth acquiring it ONLY if you are staying in Granada for several days. You won't be able to make the most of it if you are in Granada only for a couple of days.
- You should take into account that the Granada Card, the Bus Pass and the Tourist Train ticket need to be collected in different collection points. It is not advisable to buy the Alhambra ticket for the same day your Granada Card starts, unless you collect it one day earlier.
- Make sure you know all monuments opening hours before planning your day. Some of them, such as the Science Museum or the Archaeological Museum, don´t open on Sunday afternoon and Mondays.
- The tourist train ticket included in the Granada Card does not include the 'hop-on hop-off service', which is one of its main advantages. Once you get off the train your ticket is not valid anymore.
- The Science Museum is very big and there are many interesting activities for the children. You should keep in mind that it closes at 7pm everyday and at 3pm on Sundays when planning your visit. Allow plenty of time to enjoy it and make the most of it.
- You should take into account the travelling time you need to get from one place to another. Some monuments included in the Granada Card are far apart from each other. For instance, the Cartuja Monument and the Sacromonte Abbey.
- Finally, you should think carefully if you really want to visit all the monuments and museums which are included in the Granada Card. You may not be interested in visiting the Andalucía Museum or the Science Museum if you are not travelling with children, for instance.
Alhambra Entrance with the Granada CardYou can enter the Alhambra by showing the "Print at Home" or mobile phone ticket at the gates. There is no need to queue at the ticket office.
The day you choose to visit the Alhambra can be the same when the Granada Card starts as long as you bought the pass at least 1 day in advance.
The visit to the Alhambra is divided into three areas: the Generalife, the Alcazaba and Nasrid Palaces and must visit all three on the same day.
Advantages: good quality/price ratio. Disadvantages: lack of information and you have to visit most of the monuments included to take advantage of this card.
I think it's very practical and good value for money as it includes entrances to many other monuments.